Amla, An Authentic Fruit to Offer Numerous Medicinal Benefits
Botanical name of Amla = Emblica Officinalis
The common name of Amla =Indian gooseberry
Amla is basically known as a powerhouse of nutrients. The fruits are of smaller in size and light green in color. They have six vertical grooves in them and a seed inside.
Medicinal Properties and Benefits= It is one plant that stands out for its ethnic, ethnobotanical and ethnopharmaceutical uses. The taste of the fruit can be described as strong, harsh and rough. Additionally, Amla has been considered the best of rejuvenating herbs because of its Tridoshaghna properties. It also helps stimulate the brain to rebalance the three main components of all physiological functions, which are, water, fire and air elements within the body. Moreover, it may support digestion, heart health, healthy vision, and enlightens the body. Furthermore, its antioxidant properties are present due to the tannins that helps fight free radicals. Amla may help enhance food absorption, balance stomach acid, may fortify the liver. Likewise, it may help nourish the brain and mental functioning, strengthen lungs, regulates elimination, and supports the urinary system. It is also good for skin and may promote healthy hair
What are the Easiest yet Effective Ways to Use Amla in Home Remedies?
1) Joints Problems: Take 1 tbsp Amla powder and 2 tsp jaggery. Mix well and consume twice daily. This remedy may help in rheumatism condition.
2) Cough: Prepare a paste with Amla powder (dry amla pieces and make powder) and a teaspoon of honey and lick it twice daily, it is an effective home remedy for a cough. It is also beneficial for eyesight.
4) Blood Purification: Take ½ tbs Harde, ½ tbs Behada, ½ tbs Amla powder, and sugar powder ½ tbs. Add powder of one cardamom. Then mix well and take it with lukewarm water.
Note: Instead of searching for pure Harde, Baheda and Amla powder separately, use Herbal Triphala powder for equal benefits.
5) Anemia: Take 2 spoons of Amla juice with 1 spoon of medicated Cow Ghee, mix it well and consume once daily.
Note: Fresh amla juice is always preferable, but you can also use herbal Amla juice to experience various benefits.
6) Healthy Hair: Take a tablespoon of dried gooseberry(amla) powder and boil it in 2-3 tablespoon of coconut oil. After straining the oil, massage it on your scalp. You can leave this oil in your hair