Ayurvedic Secrets to Boost Hair Growth Traditionally
Does long, lustrous and naturally glowing hair fetching your attention? Do you want to grow shiny and radiant hair naturally? Do not worry! Trust Ayurveda and make heads turn with your luminous and healthy hair. Always trying chemical-leached and expensive products for hair is not an option, and thus include Ayurvedic herbs in your daily hair care regime now.
Do You Know What Hair Are?
- Hair is made up of Keratin that is one kind of protein produced in the hair follicles
- When hair follicles produce new hair cells, the old cells get pushed out of the skin surface
- The rate of average hair growth is 6-8 inches per year
- According to the research, an average adult carries about 100,000 – 150,000 hair strands
- A normal individual can lose up to 100 hair per day
In this urban era, restricted hair growth, hair damage and hair loss have become the most important factors. Thus, maintaining a healthy hair is a must!
Bhringraj as Natural Hair Care Supplement
Bhringraj (Eclipta alba)herb is commonly known as False Daisy and is a miraculous and Ayurvedic herb for hair growth all over the world. When massaged on the hair, this herb enables you to retain the natural lustre and shine of the hair. The main use is that it improves the blood circulation and thus promotes healthy hair that is hard to be missed by passersby.
Medicinal Benefits Of Bhringraj
- It exerts Anti-microbial and Anti-bacterial properties to restrict the formation of dandruff and thus promotes natural hair growth.
- The hair rejuvenating property brings back the shine in hair.
- Anti-fungal property treats scalp infections such as scalp psoriasis, scalp itchiness, scalp ringworms etc.
- This pure and natural herb reduces baldness and promotes hair growth naturally.
Consuming about 2-3 grams/ 1 tsp of powder daily is suggestible, but there is the various useful application of Bhringraj powder to promote hair growth.
Here are some easy tips to follow at home!
- Bhringraj and Amla Hair Pack: Take equal quantities of Bhringraj powder and Amla powder according to your hair length. Mix no-flavour Yogurt in the mixture and prepare a smooth paste. Apply this paste as a hair mask. Keep it for 20-25 min and then rinse it off with water. Perform regular hair care regime after removing this mask. It helps remove dandruff and strengthens the hair.
- Hair Rinse Mixture: Mix 1:1 ratio of pure Bhringraj Powder and Gotu kola powder according to your hair length. Add about 2 cups of water and boil this solution with 6-7 Tulsi leaves/ 2 tsp herbal Tulsi powder. Strain, cool and use this solution for hair rinsing purpose. This solution will add shine to your hair and also helps strengthen the root.
- Hair Pack for Hair Growth: Take equal amount of herbal Bhringraj powder and Amla powder. Mix it well and add very little water to make a thick paste. Apply this paste to the roots and massage for 4-5 minutes. Leave this mixture on hair for about 30- 35 minute and rinse it off with water.
Instead of water, you can also add a few drops of coconut oil to help you get naturally glowing hair and to reduce split ends.
An Amla a Day can keep your hair thick, beautiful and naturally be glowing!!
The biological name of Amla is Phyllanthus emblica and is commonly called as Indian Gooseberry. It is an Indian Ayurvedic remedy to promote hair growth and is gaining attention worldwide owing to its high nutrition value and medicinal properties.
According to the scientific studies, Amla’s nutrient blend is important from – blood circulation, metabolism, hair health to the anti-ageing process.
Nutritional Value of Amla
- Fewer calories(60 Calories per 100 gms)
- 80% Water Content
- Rich in Vitamin C, A, B, E and K
- High source of Fibers to help promote healthy digestion
Amla Benefits for Hair Growth
- Amla is known as a whole food Antioxidant King, owing to the bundle of anti-oxidants presence.
- These anti-oxidants help get rid of free radicals, which are responsible for hail fall, grey hair, and other signs of ageing. Moreover, Anti-oxidants play an important role in neutralizing these free radicals and acts as a preventive and protective agent. As a result, Amla promotes natural hair growth
Read about the power of Anti-oxidants present in Amla. (https://www.masteringdiabetes.org/amla-definitive-antioxidant/)
- It helps treat hair fall and prevents premature greying
- Additionally, the phytonutrients, vitamins, and minerals stimulate hair growth and make hair shinier
- With anti-bacterial properties, it keeps infections and scalp problems at bay.
Easy to Make and Effective Home Remedies of Amla for Hair Growth
- Amla and Fenugreek Mask: Add equal quantity of pure and herbal Amla and Fenugreek powder according to your hair length. Squeeze a lemon in this mixture. Make a thick paste and apply it on the scalp. Let this paste dry naturally and after complete drying, rinse it off with cold water.
This therapy will reduce hair greying and initiate hair growth in an Ayurvedic way.
- Herbal Hair Mask: Soak equal quantity of Amla powder, pure Haritaki powder and Reetha powder(easily available in any Ayurvedic shop near you) in water overnight. Apply this mixture on your scalp. Keep it for about 20 mins and wash it off with lukewarm water.
Follow this procedure about two times a week and for 2 months to see visible results on your hair.
- Mix ½ tsp of each Amla powder, Bhringraj powder, and black sesame powder. Mix it with ½ cup of lukewarm water. Add ½ tsp of candy sugar powder and drink it in every morning.
This remedy will fix the problem of grey hair and will stimulate hair growth in a few months.
3. Brahmi: Herbal Powder to Help Support Natural Hair Growth
Brahmi is scientifically called as Bacopo monnieri and it is used in various health remedies in the system of Ayurveda. According to the research and scientific studies, Brahmi promotes hair care and also is effective in supporting memory health.
Medicinal Benefits of Brahmi
- Strong Anti-oxidant activity: Brahmi protects the tissues and cells from oxidative damage. It helps neutralize free radicals and thus promote a healthy scalp.
- The phytochemicals present in the hair promotes hair growth
- The Goodness of herb offers the solution for grey hair and enhances hair growth naturally
- Brahmi and Bhringraj Mask: Mix equal quantity of Brahmi and Bhringraj Add few drops of coconut oil and apply it on the hair. Leave it for about 20 mins. Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
This remedy will stimulate those dormant hair follicles to grow faster and thus promote natural hair growth.
- Amla and Brahmi Hair Oil: Mix equal quantity of Brahmi and Amla powder according to your hair length. Add this mixture in 500 ml coconut oil. Warm the oil and keep it overnight. Apply it in the morning and leave for 60 min. Wash it off with natural shampoo and follow normal hair care regime.
It will add shine to your hair and will stimulate natural hair growth..
- Mustard Oil + Brahmi Powder Remedy: For medium length hair – take about 1 tsp of Brahmi powder. Set it of fire and let it get warm a bit. Massage it on the scalp for 5 min and leave it for about an hour. Wash it off with herbal shampoo.
Try these herbal remedies at home and protect your hair health without using chemical-rich cosmetics.
This season, say go natural and promote hair growth with Ayurvedic herbs in the comfort of your home.
Along with hair problems, various health conditions are making our life miserable. Thus, get rid of these diseases with home remedies and herbal supplements.